Working with us
We seek to recruit the best talent and are open to collaborate with academic and industry leaders in order to progress our pipeline. Technology and translational expertise are equally important to our vision of moving cancer therapies into the clinic fast. As a focussed SME Biotech, we pride ourselves in defining success criteria upfront, valuing individual contributions as well as team efforts and our perseverance to find solutions to clinical challenges. If our vision, fast pace, and drive to succeed aligns with your ambition, please get in touch.
Head of BiologyLocation: Alderley Park, Cheshire, UK
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
Role: Head of Biology
Location: Alderley Park, Cheshire, UK
Salary Range: Competitive/Negotiable, depending on experience.
BiVictriX Therapeutics “BVX” or “the Company” is a preclinical drug development company designing the next generation of cancer therapeutics that are exquisitely tumour selective. Through applying our proprietary platform, Bi-Cygni®, we are developing first-in-class bispecific Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) that have superior efficacy and tumour-selectivity. We are currently looking for a Head of Biology to work alongside the senior leadership team in delivering the translational strategy for the Company and providing in depth guidance and leadership to the Company’s biology team in support of our internal ADC pipeline progression. The Company is head-quartered in and has laboratories on the Alderley Park campus in Cheshire, UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious individual who is looking to take their career to the next level by impacting on the scientific direction of a rapidly growing, innovative drug development company. We are looking for an individual with industry experience in the development of antibody-based therapeutics ideally with a track record of taking such candidates from discovery to IND.
The successful individual will demonstrate personable leadership skills, an ability to translate complex scientific concepts into in vivo pre-clinical models and a desire to actively lead and develop the team’s future technical capabilities.
It is at the heart of the BiVictriX ethos that personality and fostering a great working environment is as important as technical skills.
This position is flexible with 3 days in the office and 2 days remote working depending on the incumbent.
The successful candidate will be responsible for guiding and developing the internal biology team in view of scientific excellence and for driving the delivery of BVX’s scientific and strategic plan. The candidate will take a leading role in developing and overseeing the translational aspects of our in-house discovery and preclinical therapeutic development campaigns, which will involve working closely with the team to design, execute and manage complex preclinical in vivo studies, through external providers, and supporting the team in designing in vitro/ex vivo models in house across solid tumour and haematological indications. These key deliverables will enable the company to interrogate and steer decisions on the biological properties of BiVictriX’s unique bispecific ADCs.
The candidate will have the opportunity to define the overall translational strategy for the business, aligned to BVX’s overall pipeline and commercial goals, which gives the incumbent unique exposure to business planning and continued growth of a biotech SME.
The ideal candidate will: (Skills, Experience & Qualifications)
- Have a PhD (or equivalent) in a biological science subject such as biochemistry/immunology with >5yrs experience in the biotech/pharma industry (essential)
- Have significant experience and knowledge in the field of oncology and immunology, particularly in relation to solid tumour indications (essential)
- Have significant experience in designing and overseeing preclinical models, including in vivo models (e.g. Xenograft, PDX, Metastatic models) and in vitro/ex vivo models (e.g. primary cell culture, 3D tissue culture) across variety of solid tumour cancer indications (essential)
- Prior knowledge and experience of preclinical drug development up to IND (essential
- Experience of the development and implementation of novel cell-based assays to assess the biological functions and mechanism of action of anti-tumour agents (essential)
- Have previous experience of project management and line management (essential)
- Be able to show innovation and creativity; flexibility and adaptability; ability to display a sense of urgency; resilience and ability to make decisions fast as appropriate with support from their line manager and team
- More specifically, the incumbent has a broad experience of cellular and molecular methods for the characterisation of anti-tumour agents, including:
FACS, flow cytometry
CRISPR technology (desirable)
3D tissue culture (highly desirable)
In vivo models of efficacy (essential)
- Working knowledge of data analysis packages (e.g. Prism, FlowJo, Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing
To apply, please email your current CV and cover letter email@example.com
VP, Business DevelopmentLocation: Remote
Position Type: Permanent, part-time (flexible)
Role: VP, Business Development
Salary Range: Competitive/Negotiable, depending on experience.
BiVictriX Therapeutics “BVX” or “the Company” is a preclinical drug development company designing the next generation of cancer therapeutics that are exquisitely tumour selective. Through applying our proprietary platform, Bi-Cygni®, we are developing first-in-class bispecific Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) that have superior efficacy and tumour-selectivity. We are currently looking for a senior Business Development executive to join the executive management team and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to support and deliver upon the commercial ambitions of the business. The Company is head-quartered in and has laboratories on the Alderley Park campus in Cheshire, UK.
The successful individual will demonstrate a strong track record in securing a range of commercial deals, including collaborations, option/licensing agreements and M&As in the oncology sector, with a particular preference to experience working within the antibody-based therapeutics sector.
This position is part-time (exact days/hours flexible; presumed 1-2 days per week) with remote working offered.
Prior experience of leading commercial transactions in the oncology sector is essential, prior experience of preclinical transactions in the antibody-based therapeutic sector is highly desirable.
To apply, please email your current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bioconjugation ScientistLocation: Alderley Park, Cheshire, UK
Position Type: Permanent, full-time
Role: Scientist/ Senior Scientist (dependent upon experience)
Location: Alderley Park
Salary Range: Competitive/negotiable, depending on experience.
BiVictriX Therapeutics is an early-stage drug development company designing the next generation of highly specific cancer therapeutics using its Bi-Cygni® approach. BiVictriX is developing a pipeline of first-in-class bispecific Antibody Drug Conjugates based on the Company’s proprietary target library, which are uniquely selective towards the cancer. An exciting opportunity has opened up for a highly motivated individual with prior research laboratory experience to join our rapidly expanding team at Alderley Park as a Scientist/ Senior Scientist. The role will primarily involve working within the Company’s dedicated ADC bio-conjugation team however there is scope and opportunity to work across multiple departments depending on the incumbent’s aptitude.
The candidate will play a pivotal role in supporting the early-stage development activities of the Company through conjugating our proprietary bispecific antibodies to a variety of linker-payload systems. The candidate will also be responsible for performing quality control tests to assess the quality of the conjugated molecules, as well as supporting ongoing analytical requirements and process optimisation associated with the development of novel ADCs.
The candidate will be required to support and contribute to the overall bioconjugation strategy of the company including implementing new bioconjugation solutions and putting improvement ideas forward. Whilst the candidate’s primary role will be within the conjugation department, the candidate will have the opportunity to work with other departments to help improve the developability of ADCs and associated assays. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys rising to new challenges and who holds a positive can-do attitude and good sense of humour.
The position is laboratory-based, with support and training provided to upskill the successful candidate. This is an excellent opportunity for graduates with chemistry experience to gain industry knowledge and experience in a rapidly growing and innovative field. Prior experience in general antibody drug conjugate bioconjugation techniques and/or experience in a drug development/industry environment is desirable but not essential.
- Perform routine laboratory bioconjugation experiments to support internal projects using a variety of linker-payload systems and different conjugation technologies.
- Contribute to the design and development of new and improvement of existing ADC drug candidates.
- Help drive the company’s scientific strategy through the provision of scientific ideas and suggestions.
- Perform the conjugation of small molecules (e.g. cytotoxic drugs, fluorescent labels) and polymers to antibodies and proteins using a range of linkers.
- Undertake several BioMS techniques (mass spectrometry) for quantitative analysis of ADCs.
- Characterize antibody and protein conjugates using HPLC techniques (HIC, SEC, IEX, RP).
- Contribute to antibody and protein conjugates developability assessments.
- Take part in laboratory housekeeping and contribute to general maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform tasks accurately following protocols (SOPs and RAs) and in compliance with Health and Safety procedures.
- Regularly present research to the multidisciplinary scientific team.
- Keep accurate records and document experimental results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Contribute/lead the writing of technical reports.
- Proactively support other laboratory scientists.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry / Protein Biochemistry or related science discipline.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a chemistry or related laboratory.
- Prior experience in ADC bioconjugation and in a drug development/industry environment is preferable.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Ability to plan own work to meet the project objectives in a timely fashion.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com